As Twin Cities realtors, our job is to help guide you in your homeownership journey. How can you update your home in the most cost efficient manner?
Number 1 tip: For those of you who have just moved in or are only a couple of years into home ownership - Maintaining your home while you live in it is the best thing you can do for your future self.
And P.S. It makes you happy!
Keeping things fresh will save you time and money in the long run. Contact us today to schedule a no obligation home consultation!
- Most carpet needs to be replaced every 5-15 years depending on the quality and warranty.
- If the carpet is worn, stained, or has a suspicious odor, it can diminish the overall feel of the home.
Fresh paint in your home has great potential to earn you more when you’re ready to sell. The beauty of this project is that you can potentially do it yourself!
- Add fresh paint in high impact spaces
- Fix any paint damage on the baseboards, radiators, etc.
Bathroom and Kitchen Remodel Advice
If your plan is to stay in your home for a while, go ahead and make those upscale updates, make it a space you love and will enjoy for years to come.
If you’re trying to move into a new space soon, leave the full reno for the next owners. In our experience, bathrooms and kitchens are some of the most expensive and time consuming updates. Here are some ways to make small updates with big reward:
3. Bathroom Refresh
- New medicine cabinet and vanity
- New shower head
- New light fixture
- Remove and replace the bathtub caulking
- Clean the tile grout
4. Kitchen Refresh
- New cabinet knobs
- Matching stainless steel appliances
- Update faucets and light fixtures
If your bathroom or kitchen has unique needs, and you’re not sure what the best updates are for your situation, contact us today for a no obligation home consultation.