Thinking about selling your duplex in 2022?
Contact us today to speak with an experienced realtor! We sell multi-family properties in Saint Paul, Minneapolis, and all of the surrounding communities.
See what Julia said when we helped her sell two multi-family homes:
My family worked with Mya to sell two multi-family buildings in St. Paul. She guided us with expertise, tact, compassion, and professionalism throughout the process. We could count on her to lay out all the options, provide opinions when asked, and change gears when necessary. Thank you Mya! Selling family buildings during COVID was made easier because of your leadership and your fabulous team!
- Julia J.
- 1. Gather Information About the Property
- 2. Determine List Price
- 3. Market the Property
- 4. Showing the Property
- 5. Process the Sale
- 6. Support Your Favorite Nonprofit Organization - A HIVE Real Estate Exclusive!
1. Gather Information About the Property
It is important to gather the following information to help provide buyers with a complete picture of the property when it hits the market.
- Monthly rent for each unit
- If any units are vacant, we will measure the space and determine the market rent rate.
- Annual Income
- Annual Expenses
- How utilities are paid
- Rental history (if possible)
- List of updates and improvements
2. Determine List Price
Establishing the value and list price for your property involves researching and comparing similar properties and weighing factors including:
- Market Conditions
Together with your realtor, you will arrive at a competitive price aimed at generating strong buyer activity for selling your multi-family property.
3. Market Your Home
We provide the following services while being as courteous to your tenants as possible:
- Professional photography
- Yard signage
- Local newspaper ads
- Customized property marketing - Fully curated brochures for each listing--meaning your property will stand out amongst the rest!
We are also able to market your property within our vast network of Coldwell Banker agents prior to it hitting the open market.
4. Showing the Property
One of the most difficult aspects of selling a multi-family property is creating availability for buyers to tour the property. If the property is difficult to access, it may remain on the market and grow stagnant. As your realtor, we guarantee to provide the following:
- Maintain an open line of communication with you and your tenants
- Work with you and your tenant's work and sleep schedules
- Arrange 2 hour showing periods, hosted by one of our real estate agents to allow buyers access to the entire property
5. Process the Sale
- We provide constant communication throughout the sale process, guiding you through each step with care and precision.
- We will review all offers and terms of each offer with you and negotiate on your behalf so that you obtain the highest possible price for your home while limiting your exposure and protecting your best interests.
- Our team has vast experience in multi-family homes and understands the intricacies involved in processing a sale such as this.
6. Support Your Favorite Nonprofit Organization - A HIVE Real Estate Exclusive!
- To celebrate your home sale, we will donate to a local nonprofit on your behalf!
- Our donation comes from The HIVE Fund, a donor-advised fund through the Saint Paul & Minnesota Foundation.
Email us any questions you have about selling a multi-family investment property. One of our Twin Cities realtors will be in touch as soon as possible.